By: Jeremy Alden
Sometimes, adults like to join in on the fun too when there’s a Nerf battle in the works. For some, it may be even more appealing than other types of battle like paintball or airsoft.
With that in mind, most adults are going to want to have a powerful product on their side that they can rely on to lead them to victory. Where are you going to find such a weapon? Let's dig into the best nerf guns!
In this guide, we’re going to figure out which of the available products could function as the best Nerf guns for adults. Let’s dive in.
The Best Nerf Gun for Adults:
1. Nerf Elite Disruptor (Best for Office Blasting)
2. Nerf Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Best for Weekend Fun)
3. Nerf Elite AccuStrike Series FalconFire (Best for Target Practice)
4. Nerf Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K (Best for a Nerf Wars)
- 3 modes: Single-fire, burst-fire, continuous-fire
- Swivel handle to stabilize shots
- Storage stock and 2 barrel-scopes. Includes two 12-dart clips and 24 Modulus Elite darts
- Requires 4 C batteries (not included)
- 6-dart rotating blaster drum
- Quick-draw blaster
- Slam-fire action
- Fires darts up to 90 feet (27 meters)
- Includes blaster, 6 Elite darts, and instructions
- Advanced Acceleration System that fires up to 8 rounds per second*
- Fully motorized & comes with a rechargeable NiMh battery and a wall charger so there’s no need to stock up on batteries
- Easy-loading, high-capacity hopper that holds up to 200 Nerf Rival rounds
- Comes with 200 high-impact rounds
- Fires rounds at a velocity of 100 feet per second
What Aspects Should You Be Focused on When Shopping for The Best Nerf Guns for Adults?
Boiling your Nerf experience down to a few key factors can make it far more efficient to find the right Nerf blaster for your needs. So, what should adults be looking for when they begin shopping around for Nerf gun options?
- Power and Range: No matter how many extra features you have on your blaster, it’s not worth owning if it doesn’t have the power and range needed to help you take down your opponents. Whichever Nerf blaster you decide on, make sure to do your research so that you know whether or not it offers the range that you’re looking for.
- Usability: Usability or functionality is another factor to consider when shopping for Nerf guns. The way that your Nerf gun works can make or break your experience. After all, changes in the game can happen in a matter of seconds. Look for a Nerf gun that offers great performance but is easy to operate.
- Efficiency: We’ve all seen those massive Nerf guns that offer a ton of foam darts but require too much work to get them all out or get them all back in. If your chosen Nerf blaster doesn’t efficiently deliver your darts, it’s not worth the buy!
- Extra Features: Some adults are looking for a basic experience when they purchase a Nerf blaster. Others, however, want a Nerf motorized blaster that they can enhance with additional accessories. No matter which side of this scenario you fall on, look for a Nerf blaster that you can truly enjoy using as well.
Because there are so many amazing options down there, we’re going to boil our suggestions down to a few key series in the Nerf universe and our favorite gun within each to help you get the Nerf blaster that’s the best fit for you.
What Is the Best Nerf Gun for Adults?
You may like of best Nerf guns articles:
- Read my Nerf N-Strike Elite AccuStrike Series Falconfire review
- Read my Nerf N-Strike Elite Disruptor review
- Best for Target Practice - Nerf N-Strike Elite AccuStrike Series FalconFire
- NERF MODULUS REGULATOR BLASTER WITH SWITCHFIRE TECHNOLOGY FOR 3 FIRING MODES: Single-fire 1 dart per trigger pull, burst-fire several darts per trigger pull, or continuous-fire all the darts
- FULLY MOTORIZED NERF BLASTER, 2 CLIPS AND 24 DARTS: This Nerf automatic blaster includes 2x 12-dart clips and 24 Nerf Elite foam darts. Requires 4x 1.5v C alkaline batteries (not included)
- INCLUDES NERF ACCESSORIES: Includes 2 attachable barrel-scopes that can be used as extension barrels or targeting scopes, and an attachable swivel handle to stabilize your aim
- STORAGE STOCK: With 2 clips included, you can load 1 clip into the dart blaster and store the second clip in the stock to keep it nearby for reloads. The swivel handle also stores in the stock
The Nerf Modulus series is one of the most customizable series in the Nerf line. Rather than focusing on creating a series of blasters that standalone, Nerf carefully created this series so that you could create thousands of combinations once you start getting more and more of the pieces and the blasters in the line.
If you’re someone who values customization, impressive range and personalization, the Nerf Modulus line is for you.
Arguably the best blaster for adults in this series is the Nerf Modulus Regulator.
The Nerf Modulus Regulator is a weapon packed with additional features. The first thing that will draw your attention is the SwitchFire technology.
With the Regulator, you can either fire foam darts one at a time, several at a time, or switch to continuous fire when you’re up against a big enemy.
Along with this cool feature, the Regulator blinks when you’re out of ammo, comes with a swivel handle, a shoulder stock (with extra room for an additional clip, which is included), and two scopes to help you improve your accuracy.
If you want something that you can customize for later battles, go for the Nerf Modulus Regulator!
It's heavier than other blasters
The Nerf N-Strike Elite series is the perfect foundational series of blasters to start with if you’re just beginning to collect Nerf guns for yourself.
One of the best nerf guns, this offers a clean, sleek blue and orange design and a consistent 75-foot range for all weapons, you’re going to get the performance you’re looking for when you decide to pick up a Nerf N-Strike Elite series blaster. That being said, finding the perfect gem in this collection can be a difficult feat.
If this series has piqued your interest, we recommend purchasing the Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18.
The Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 is a slim primary motorized blaster that comes equipped with a transparent, 18-dart clip, way better than a 6-dart clip that allows you to track your ammo supply as you carry on through the battle.
With a collapsible shoulder stock, tactical rails for additional attachments (as well as a loop for those who enjoy attaching a strap to their weapons), and a jam door to clear up any surprises, this blaster is perfect for adults just getting into Nerf who need a reliable main blaster.
Not as durable as other choices but an overall good value pick
- Advanced acceleration system: The Prometheus MXVIII-20k Nerf Rival blaster features an Advanced Acceleration System that fires up to 8 rounds per second*
- Rechargeable battery: This fully motorized Nerf Rival toy blaster comes with a rechargeable NiMh battery and a wall charger so there’s no need to stock up on batteries
- High-capacity hopper: This Nerf Rival Phantom Corps blaster has an easy-loading, high-capacity hopper that holds up to 200 Nerf Rival rounds
- Comes with 200 high-impact rounds: The Nerf Prometheus MXVIII-20K blaster comes with 200 Nerf Rival high-impact foam rounds
- Fires rounds at a velocity of 100 feet per second: Vanquish opponents as you blast rounds as a velocity of 100 feet per second (30 meters per second).
The Nerf Rival series was actually designed specifically for older players. Unlike other blasters, the Nerf Rival series features weapons with red or blue to help you easily separate into teams (although they do have Phantom Corps weapons, which come with lanyards that you can hang from your weapon to determine your team assignment).
Overall, the Nerf Rival series is for serious players.
Additionally, this series uses high-impact foam rounds that travel at a velocity of 100 feet per second.
The Nerf Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K is a massive motorized blaster that features a 200-round tank and is capable of firing rounds at an impressive rate of eight rounds per second.
Equipped with multiple hands and straps, all you have to do to use this weapon is hang on and fire at your enemies!
From a price perspective, the Rivals tend to cost more than most.
- Fire and strike fast with the Nerf N-Strike Elite Disruptor blaster!
- This quick-draw blaster has a rotating drum that holds up to 6 Elite darts.
- Choose your target and fire 1 dart at a time or unleash all 6 darts in rapid succession with slam-fire action.
- To prime the blaster pull the slide back and release.
- Check the indicator; if it's orange the blaster is primed and ready to fire.
This handheld blaster is simple to use and light enough making it a fun blaster for any adult!
Easy to load
It's light and affordable
The barrel can jam if the darts are not loaded correctly
-You may be interested in: How Accurate Are Nerf Blasters & Darts?
Finding the right Nerf gun as an adult can be difficult with all of the choices available. Use the guide above to dig into some of the best series for older players and consider the suggestions to help you jumpstart your Nerf collection!
About the Author
Jeremy is the founder of Dart Dudes, the leading resource for parents looking to pick up a Nerf toy for a child. He grew up with his four brothers and two sisters where there was always a Nerf war taking place.
With a focus on safety, Jeremy has helped thousands of parents help chose the right Nerf toy for their kids or grandkids. He lives in California with his wife and family. Learn more about me. - You can email me email@example.com