By: Jeremy Alden
The Nerf N-Strike Mega series aims to do everything bigger and better, and it does it quite efficiently.
However, when you’re shopping for a Nerf N-Strike Mega blaster, you want to make sure that you’re only getting them some of the best possible products in the series.
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect Mega Nerf gun, let’s dive into some of the products we definitely recommend taking a closer look at in this series!
My Top Picks: Best Nerf N-Strike Mega Guns:
1. Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock (Great for 5 & Up)
2. Nerf N-Strike Mega HotShock (Great for 9 and Up)
3. Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock (Easiest to Use)
4. Nerf N-Strike Mega RotoFury (Best for Nerf Wars)
5. Nerf N-Strike Mega Megalodon (Biggest Blaster)
6. Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon (Top Pick)
7. Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke (Great Value Pick)
- Dominate Nerf blaster competitions with the Mega Mastodon blaster, the first-ever motorized Nerf Mega blaster.
- Storm into the action with this mighty Nerf blaster and launch 2 dozen Mega Whistler darts with the screaming fury of a rampaging beast.
- The Nerf Mega Mastodon blaster launches into action with a 24-dart rotating drum.
- 6-dart capacity
- Includes blaster, 6 Mega Darts
- Rotating drum lets you fire 6 darts without reloading
- CycloneShock blaster fires Mega Darts farther than ever,
- Mega rotofury blaster fires mega whistler darts up to 90 feet
- Includes 10 mega whistler darts
- Rotating drum fires 10 darts at a time without reloading
- Slam-fire action
- Mega whistler darts scream through the air
7 Best Nerf N-Strike Mega Guns
1. Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock
These pistol Mega blasters might be small but it packs a punch! The Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock is the perfect mini blaster for parents who may have children that want to get into Nerf but need something smaller to start with.
The Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock is reminiscent of similar models like the Nerf N-Strike Elite Jolt blaster, offering a compact body capable of firing one Mega whistling dart at a time.
The BigShock sports the traditional red, cobalt grey, and Nerf orange color of the series and utilizes a very simple pull priming mechanism at the bottom of the blaster.
If your child is a much younger player who needs a simple yet powerful Mega Nerf gun, the Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock is the way to go!
- N-Strike Elite blasters fire up to 75 feet for the ultimate in dart blaster performance
- Vortex disc blasters Bend the Rules of Battle with discs that can curve, bank, and ricochet
- FireVision sports gear glows bright, day or night, with blazing Microprism Technology
2. Nerf N-Strike Mega HotShock
The Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock is perfect for younger players but may not offer enough substance for older players who want a stealth weapon they can carry into battle.
Instead, you’re going to want to look into an alternative like the Nerf N-Strike Mega HotShock.
Like our previous mention, the Nerf N-Strike Mega HotShock is a one-shot blaster, but it has a much larger body that may be easier for older players to operate as well as a priming mechanism that you pull back on the back end of the blaster rather than underneath.
This one-shot Mega blaster is not the best Nerf Mega pistol, it’s certainly a great stealth blaster to have as a backup if your child needs something that’s simple to load and carry.
3. Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock
Now this IS the best Nerf Mega Pistol. The Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock offers the reliability of some of our favorite handguns like the Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm blaster with the improved distance and performance that you can expect from the Nerf N-Strike Mega series.
The Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock comes equipped with a six-dart rotating barrel, offering you ample ammo capacity to act as either a primary or a secondary weapon. The face is relatively open for easy loading, but it doesn’t come with the convenient pop-out barrel that we often see in similar models.
What we do like is that the changes up its body to offer greater support for players who may accidentally drop their blaster while playing (this change in design makes it look great as well).
If your child needs a reliable handgun for their blasting experience, they’re sure to love the Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock.
- Durable Foam Blaster: Made from soft yet sturdy foam for long-lasting fun.
- Vibrant Multicolor Design: Fun, eye-catching colors that kids love.
- Long Range Blasting: Throws foam darts up to 90 feet for epic play.
4. Nerf N-Strike Mega RotoFury
The Nerf N-Strike Mega RotoFury is what we like to call an upgraded version of the Nerf N-Strike Mega CycloneShock. Featuring a very similar blaster body, the RotoFury upgrades the player’s experience by offering a 10-dart rotating barrel for even more firing power to tackle the competition
-You may be interested: My 5 Best Nerf Mega Darts article
5. Nerf N-Strike Mega Megalodon
Now, we’re going to start diving into some more serious Mega blasters with greater firepower and performance. Our first Mega blasters recommendation that goes above and beyond other blasters in the series is the Nerf N-Strike Mega Megalodon.
The Nerf N-Strike Mega Megalodon is a massive blaster featuring a 20-dart rotating drum capable of wreaking havoc on the battlefield.
This unique product features a carrying handle to stabilize the blaster (there are also areas for straps so that you can carry it more confidently) that also acts as the priming mechanism.
Simply pull back on the handle to prime the blaster and fire at will! If your child is ready for a big blaster to take down the competition, the Nerf N-Strike Mega Megalodon is not a bad blaster to purchase.
- 20-Dart rotating drum: The rotating drum holds 20 Nerf Mega darts to give you plenty of firepower for all your Nerf battles
6. Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon
The Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon is an upgraded version of the Megalodon, offering the user a 24-dart rotating barrel and accelerating flywheel technology so that they don’t have to prime the weapon manually every time they want to fire at the competition.
The Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon is definitely focused on ease-of-use, offering a shoulder strap as well as a carrying handle to stabilize the weapon and help players carry it across the battlefield.
If you want to bring the Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon home to your child, just remember that this monster of a product also takes 6 D batteries to power!
- N-Strike Elite blasters and Elite darts deliver the ultimate in blaster performance
- Mega Series blasters feature Mega Whistler Darts that scream through the air
- Defend against a zombie invasion with ZombieStrike blasters
7. Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke
The Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke is actually a relatively new entrance to the series, having been released in 2020. Unlike previous products, the Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke comes with a 10-dart, transparent clip system to help you keep tabs on your ammo supply and make it easier to reload your blaster in the heat of the battle.
Featuring a more modern, streamlined design, the Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke is visually appealing and easy to use. Simply hold down on the acceleration trigger and press down on the main trigger to fire when you’re ready.
Then, pop out the clip system and replace it with a new clip system to keep the fun going. If your child is looking for something that’s easy to use and powerful enough to use against their enemies, the Nerf N-Strike Mega MotoStryke offers the qualities that you’d find in more modern lines today.
- MOTORIZED 10-DART BLASTING: Power up the motor and fire 10 Nerf Mega darts fast with motorized blasting from the clip-fed Nerf Mega Motostryke blaster
What is the biggest Mega Nerf gun?
The Thunderhawk blaster is the biggest Nerf Mega blaster and comes with AccuStrike Nerf Mega darts, which are the most accurate of all the Nerf Mega blasters.
What was the first mega blaster?
The first-ever Nerf Mega blaster is the Mega Mastodon. This colossal blaster has the ability to dominate the field with its power and size. It boasts terrific rapid-fire capability for hurling Megawhistler missiles through the sky at impressive speeds.
In 2013, Nerf released their Mega series of blasters to provide an unprecedented firing range - up to a whopping 100 feet or 23 meters! To accomplish such impressive power, they introduced the Mega-series in striking red and developed a brand new dart.
Though initially part of N-Strike and N-Strike Elite sub-series, the Mega spray has since become its own parent collection with various sub lines like AccuStrike and Sonic ICE. This series is sure to revolutionize your blasting experience by taking it further than before!
With Nerf's Mega line, battles have never been more intense and full of fun. Whether you’re playing among friends or in a larger group, the accuracy and range of these blasters is sure to make your game an unforgettable experience.
So grab one today and get ready to take your blasting battles up a notch!
Along with the Mega Series, Nerf has other collections that feature even more impressive and unique blasters. With both pump-action and semi-automatic designs, these pieces are sure to have you ready for any situation.
Whether it’s an outdoor competition or a close quarters indoor skirmish, Nerf's Elite series provides powerful yet precise performance. And with the Rival series, you can take your battles to a whole new level. Featuring high-impact rounds that go up to 70 mph, these blasters provide excitement and intensity like never before!
Conclusion: Best Nerf N-Strike Mega Guns
Whether you’re looking for the best Nerf N-Strike Mega pistol or a semi-automatic blaster capable of taking down the opposition with ease, there are so many great blasters in this series that it can be hard to choose.
Nerf blasters boil down to the best with the blaster guide above and find a Nerf N-Strike Mega blaster that your child is sure to love!
About the Author
Jeremy is the founder of Dart Dudes, the leading resource for parents looking to pick up a Nerf toy for a child. He grew up with his four brothers and two sisters where there was always a Nerf war taking place.
With a focus on safety, Jeremy has helped thousands of parents help chose the right Nerf toy for their kids or grandkids. He lives in California with his wife and family. Learn more about me. - You can email me firstname.lastname@example.org