Even in some of the most intense Nerf series, there are blasters that are designed to offer a lighter, tamer experience than their counterparts. Take, for example, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 blaster.
While being in a line that is well-known for its more intense gameplay, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 provides a more toned-down experience that may offer users access to a great side blaster when things go haywire.
Has the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 made it into your crosshairs? If so, here is what you need to know about this blaster that will help you determine whether or not it will be the right weapon for your needs!
Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVIII-700 Blaster Review
Style and Design
Characteristic of Phantom Corps blasters, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 is a snow-white and sleek black color, which serves to indicate that you are a neutral party that will decide your team affiliation once teams are being divided (in comparison to red and blue blasters, which automatically state your team affiliation).
Similar to the Apollo, The Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 is about the average size of a Rival series blaster, but it is rather slim, which serves to improve its portability and enhance the blasting experience.
Overall, if you are looking for a weapon that will help you decide your team when playing against other Rival opponents, this blaster may be the right fit for you!
The ammo capacity on the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 is where things get a little bit lackluster. The Helios comes with seven high-impact foam rounds that are delivered manually.
Whether or not you like this weapon will ultimately boil down to your needs. However, given the size of this blaster and the fact that there are more blasters out there with much higher ammo capacities, the amount of foam rounds featured in this blaster is certainly not a selling point for users who are looking to really get into the series.
Firing Style and Range
Of course, if you do decide to bring the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 home, you are going to find that it does feature the same blasting capabilities as other weapons in the series.
Using a bolt action priming mechanism on the side of the gun, the Helios is a manual blaster that gives you full control over the blasting experience. Just lock, load, and fire!
Once the high-impact foam round has left the chamber, you can expect it to meet the standard 100 feet-per-second velocity that other blasters within the Rival series.
The good news is that the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 does not skimp on the additional features that you would expect from a manual Nerf Rival series blaster.
Like its relatives, the Helios comes with the small hook at the back of the blaster and the necessary blue and red banners to help your team identify you once you begin the game.
Armed with an additional tactical rail, you can store another 7-round magazine on your weapon for easy access when you run out of ammo in your first magazine. This helps to improve the low ammo capacity featured on this weapon, which may be a bit of a deterrent for more serious Nerf players.
Finally, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 does come with a trigger lock, which will help prevent you from misfiring any of your ammo throughout the course of the battle. Put simply, you are still going to get the same features you would expect on other blasters of its kind!
What We Like
- Simple Use: With an easy-to-load magazine, quickly accessible magazine release and bolt-action priming mechanism, and additional storage for ammo on the weapon, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 was designed to be a simple blaster. If you want something that offers a manual experience and doesn’t feature anything too complex that could get in your way, you will be happy with the Helios.
- All of the Features of a Nerf Rival Blaster: Even though the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 has less ammo than the average weapon, that doesn’t mean that it stops offering you the same features that you would expect out of similar products. With the Helios, you still get the extra ammo storage, the banner attachment, and the additional tactical rail that you want.
- No Traditional Manual Operation Problems: Manual weapons don’t always provide us with the high-quality experience we’re looking for. Even though this blaster features bolt-action firing, the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 does not have any complaints from users about its functionality or performance, which bodes well for those who want this blaster!
- Team Flexibility: Choosing a blaster in the Nerf Rival series generally means choosing a team before you actually begin playing. By choosing Phantom Corps weapons like the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700, you gain the ability to choose teams when you finally get together with your friends and other players, not a moment sooner.
What We Don’t Like
- Low Ammo, Large Body: Side weapons are always a necessity when going into battle. While the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 has the ammo capacity of a side weapon, however, it has the body of a normal-sized blaster, meaning that you can’t comfortably carry it around as a backup. This is not to say that the Helios is a bad blaster. However, the ammo capacity and what you will get out of it during battle are both things you will have to consider when choosing between the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 and other weapons at your disposal.
Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVIII-700 Blaster Review: Our Verdict
The Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 provides the user with great functionality, a simple design, and the flexibility that some will be looking for if they don’t want to buy two versions of the same blaster for gameplay.
Although the ammo capacity is rather small on this weapon and it does not offer a compact size as a result, this is a quality weapon for anyone who may be looking into it.
Put simply, if you want to add the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Helios XVII-700 to your collection, there is no reason why you shouldn’t get this high-quality Rival series blaster!