By: Jeremy Alden
In light of recent events, keeping the kids busy is often at the top of most parents’ to-do lists as families spend more and more time inside.
One of the best ways to keep kids busy and entertained is with the help of some of the exciting Nerf blasters listed throughout our website.
While keeping Nerf guns neat and organized can be a relatively simple task, storing all the ammunition needed to power these blasters can be a complicated feat.
Fortunately, plenty of other parents have come up with some creative solutions to make sure that their child’s passion for Nerf is not a messy one.
If you are having trouble getting all of your child’s ammo in one place, here are 5 Nerf dart storage ideas that are guaranteed to make dart storage a breeze.
Diy Nerf Gun Storage Ideas for the Bedroom
Before I dig into several other storage ideas, this DIY nerf gun storage idea peg board is super easy to do and your child is going to love it!
I recommend the particle board peg board instead of metal as it is lighter and can be painted.
Here is your Amazon shopping list links for the items:
Once installed, it will look like this:
5 Nerf Dart Storage Ideas:
1. Use a Hanging Shoe Storage System for Loaded Nerf Clips
Hanging shoe organizers provide easy, accessible storage that sits on the back of most doors. However, these helpful items are not just great for sneakers. You can also turn them into an area where your child keeps all of their clip systems!
Using this method of organization, each shoe slot can fit at least a few clip systems at a time or, if your child has an extensive Nerf collection, you can dedicate each row to a certain line or blaster.
This way, when your child is preparing for their next Nerf battle, all they have to do is grab their clip systems (which can be pre-loaded for further convenience) and go!
Once they’ve finished their battle, they just fill them up and put them back where they’re supposed to be. If you have any leftover darts that don’t belong to a clip, you can store them in whatever pockets remain.
2. Make Translucent Drawers Your New Tool for Organizing Different Nerf Darts
Clip systems can certainly clutter up a household, but loose darts are arguably far harder to keep organized. One of the best storage products to use when facing the problem of too many loose darts is a set of affordable translucent plastic drawers that seem to be trending everywhere.
This is an especially efficient tool to use if your child has loose darts from various Nerf blaster lines. One drawer can hold their regular N-Strike Elite series darts while other drawers may hold niche products like N-Strike Zombie darts or N-Strike Mega Nerf darts.
When they go to play, they simply find the bullets they need from the drawer, load their blaster, and prepare for battle. When they’re done, they can either keep their gun loaded with the ammo they need for the next battle or put the darts back into the respective drawer.
You may even want to purchase another set of drawers for their Nerf guns so that everything is stored in the same place!
3. Hang Candy/Food Dispensers Near Their Nerf Storage Areas
Chances are that your local health food store or candy store has a section where you are able to scoop out your favorite bulk goods. Some people have built upon this idea, filling these see-through dispensers with Nerf darts instead of candy.
This allows you to store a surplus of ammunition that your child can simply take out and use for their Nerf battles. Then, when they’re done, they just put it back into the box until they need to use the darts again.
The best part? If you are someone who has a wall dedicated solely to Nerf blasters, these items can be hung beside the blasters for convenient access.
Just make sure that you tell your child that extra ammo does not mean that the ammo they take out each time is disposable!
- Prolonged freshness - Keep your cereals fresh and dry with our airtight cereal storage containers for pantry. With four side-locking lids and silicone sealants to keep moisture out of the cereal containers storage dispenser, your healthy mornings are guaranteed.
- Superior Bundle - The perfect gift for yourself or someone you care about, this set of 4 BPA-free premium cereal dispenser containers, chalkboard marker, labels and measuring spoon set will help keep everything organized.
- All in One - These pantry storage containers will not only keep the cereal fresh but they are also ideal for storing oatmeal, crackers, cookies, snacks, flour, sugar, nuts, coffee, pasta and other dry food storage.
- Convenient Design - With our superior pout lid, you can pour your cereal easily without opening the top. These plastic cereal storage containers have a comfortable ergonomic grip and sleek, stackable design to save space.
- Best Value - Our countertop cereal dispenser set will add to the decor of your pantry and cabinets. These kitchen storage containers will revolutionize pantry organization and storage. Cereal containers are easy to clean, use & handle in the kitchen
4. Turn Pencil Boxes Into Quick and Convenient Nerf Dart Storage
Not everyone has a host of blasters and darts that they need to use when they decide to play Nerf.
For collections that are on the smaller side, turning to items like empty pencil boxes or similar storage containers can give them a place to keep their darts and even carry them around when they are fighting against their siblings or friends.
Small and compact, these boxes can then be stacked one on top of another in a drawer or other storage space to make for simpler clean up.
If your child needs to store away their darts but doesn’t need extensive space for them, smaller boxes like pencil boxes serve as great containers for loose darts.
- Stackable and durable large storage box Translucent clear. Note: Accessories Not Included. Age of Application: 3 yrs+.
- Snap-tight lid and handles keep contents secure
- Holds 100+ pencils, 50+ pens, 30+ markers, or 152 crayons
- Exterior Dimensions: 8.3" L x 3.9" W x 1.6" H, Interior Dimensions: 7.5" L x 3.3" W x 1.6" H
- Package Includes: 6 Pack of Pencil Boxes with 3 Colors(Rose, Blue, Green)
5. Transform Old Craft and Hobby Containers Into New Storage Areas
You don’t always have to purchase new things to properly store your child’s Nerf darts. Instead, consider transforming existing items into new storage spaces for Nerf darts and products.
One creative example that some have used to organize Nerf darts is bead organizers. Using each of the slots can help you keep a collection of Nerf ammunition neatly organized, especially if you have several lines to keep apart.
Remember, sometimes getting creative and repurposing items in your household can be a great way to keep Nerf products organized without having to spend extra on organizational tools.
- Sufficient Space & Easily Portable: Each box has 3 layers Stackable Storage Container, 10 grids per layer, totally 30 adjustable compartments, saving more valuable space.Also your things & crafts storage container lid features a handle on the top that can easily be carried around with you.
- Adjustable Size: Outer box size 9.5"L x 6.5"W x 7.2"H, single grid size: 3.2"L x 2.0"W x 2.2"H. The dividers are removable and detachable that can make larger compartments to adapt the crafts 、toys or accessories you need to store.
- Various Uses: The plastic organizer dividers is the perfect storage unit for jewelry, organizing bobbins, sewing threads, Lego pieces, washi tapes nail polish,fishing tackles,some small hardware like screws,bolts & nuts, arts and crafts etc.
- Special Features: All three tiers snap together to create a user-friendly unit. It has latches on each sides which holds each level of the containers.You can stack more boxes if you want,not only 3 tiers,even 7 tiers. Also it has a strong lid that snaps closed to keep items inside securely stored without sliding.
- Materials & Colors: environmentally friendly PP hard plastic, lightweight and sturdy plastic construction to supply long-term strength; transparent colors can easier find your toys or embroidery accessories. SGHUO provides high-quality storage products in different size. For a better shopping experience, we recommend that you carefully check the size of the box before you buy it to meet your needs.
Nerf Approved Option: Over the Door Storage
The storage ideas above are only beneficial if you can keep your environment clean both before and after Nerf battles.
While storage is one half of the battle, taking extra measures to make sure that there is less of a mess can make your storage efforts truly worth it.
So, how can you make sure that your child’s Nerf ammo doesn’t have a chance to make a mess?
- ORGANIZE YOUR NERF GEAR & ACCESSORIES! This Hanging Storage Unit transforms the back of any door into a Nerf blaster cache. Featuring adjustable blaster straps, mesh pockets and elastic dart holders to efficiently store all your gear.
- TRANSFORMS INTO A CARRY CASE: Fold & Go, folds into a case, attach the quick release buckles and use the integrated carry handle to transport all of your gear in style to the next blaster battle.
- INTEGRATED TARGETS: Develop your blaster skills or challenge your friends using the printed targets.
- Have Nerf Battles Outside: Playing Nerf inside can be rather limiting, especially if there are very few areas that are left unoccupied throughout the day.
With the exception of major wind or weather, playing outside is one great way to work around this problem.
- Pickup After Every “Round” or Battle: Making sure that your child cleans up after every battle is key to preventing darts from spreading out and accumulating over time.
Whether it be after every “round” or after a full-on battle, have your child goes and picks up all of the ammunition that they have fired.
Then, ask them to put that ammo back into its designated storage area. These habits will help to keep everything clean no matter how big the Nerf battle may be.
- You may also be interested in reading: Are Nerf Darts harmful to the environment
- Pick Areas in the Home Where Darts Are Less Likely to Get Trapped Behind Things: Nerf darts have a habit of getting stuck in places where they are difficult to retrieve.
If playing outside isn’t possible, try to find an area in your home where it will be much harder to lose Nerf darts while playing. You may even find a way to arrange the furniture so that your kids can comfortably play in the room and reuse the Nerf darts that they are firing at each other.
If there are no areas where the darts can get lost, it becomes easier to clean up after every Nerf battle.
5 Nerf Gun Storage Ideas:
1. Blaster Storage Rack
Beginners may be able to store their Nerf blasters and ammunition or other accessories for the time being in a tiny bin.
However, as their collection expands, appropriate storage is critical, especially if they have pricey blasters and equipment that might be damaged if not stored correctly.
What can you trust to keep your Nerf gear in good shape for years? One item created especially by Nerf is the Nerf Elite blaster rack. Let's have a closer look at what the Nerf Elite blaster rack has to offer for those with a growing collection of weapons.
- KEEP YOUR NERF GEAR ORGANIZED! The Nerf Blaster Rack helps you keep your Nerf Blasters, darts, and accessories safe and organized!.Ideal for ages:8 years and up
- FIT UP TO 20 BLASTERS! The blaster rack has space to store up to 20 blasters of varying sizes and more!
- DRAWER AND SHELVING! The blaster rack includes a drawer and shelves so you can store darts or other Nerf accessories!
- MULTIPLE STORAGE OPTIONS! Hooks and Rail mounts help provide multiple storage options so you can store your Nerf gear however you want!
- WATCH VIDEO FOR EASY ASSEMBLY! Don’t sweat assembly! The snap-fit materials, included instruction manual, and step by step video will help you put your Blaster Rack up in no time!
2. Under-Bed Storage
Under-bed storage containers or bins can be used to store Nerf guns. This is a convenient option that utilizes the space under your bed, keeping the toys easily reachable yet neatly tucked away. Sure the photos show clothes, but MOST Nerf guns will fit.
- CUT THE CLUTTER – A home brimming with clothes, linens, toys, and more leads to disorganization and discomfort. Take your home from cluttered to clean when you organize with the 3 large 39x18x6 in. underbed storage containers by Nest Neatly!
- WHAT’S INSIDE? YOU’LL SEE – Never lose track of what you’re storing! You can see inside the under-bed organizers through their clear windows. Plus, they come with 10 adhesive tags that are perfect for labeling what’s inside.
- EASY + EFFICENT ACCESS: Save space, time, and peace of mind. With reinforced handles, transparent vinyl tops, and helpful large labels, you’ll know precisely where to find gift wrap, extra bedding, or autumn sweaters right when you need them. Simply slide out the containers using sturdy grips and breezily unzip to access your goodies. It feels great knowing sealed items are pristine and ready to use because they’ve been stored in quality fabric bins.
- STORE EVEN MORE – Hide away thick comforters or heavy winter clothes in your 3 Long Smart Cube bags of storage space! Spacious and durable, the 39.5x18x6 in. storage cubes are perfect for larger loads.
- THE NEATEST WARRANTY – At Nest Neatly, we promise that our storage bins underbed set of 3 helps keep the clutter away for years to come. You’re sure to have many years of organization—the containers come with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty!
3. Toy Chest or Storage Bench
A dedicated toy chest or storage bench in a playroom or bedroom can provide ample space to store a collection of Nerf guns. This option can also double as seating or play space. Here are two options that fit most Nerf blasters.
4. Plastic Tubs
Plastic tubs can be a good place to store Nerf guns, especially if you're looking for an affordable and easily accessible storage solution. Here are some advantages of using plastic tubs:
- Protection: Plastic tubs provide a degree of protection from dust, moisture, and potential damage. This is especially important if you want to keep your Nerf guns in good condition for a long time.
- Organization: Plastic tubs with lids can help keep your Nerf guns organized and prevent them from getting scattered around. You can sort them by size, type, or other criteria for easy access.
- Portability: Plastic tubs are portable and can be moved easily from one place to another. If you have a play area that changes frequently or if you want to take your Nerf guns to different locations, plastic tubs can be a convenient option.
- Space Efficiency: Tubs can be stacked on top of each other, making efficient use of vertical space. This is especially useful if you have a large collection of Nerf guns and limited floor space.
Here is a great option and you can label the tubs.
- Storage containers, sold as a pack, offer a convenient solution for tidying up your home by providing ample space to store a variety of items such as camping gear, holiday ornaments, tools, and more
- Manufactured in the United States, showcasing its commitment to domestic production; It is crafted from durable, heavy-duty plastic, ensuring long-lasting and reliable storage solutions
- Stackable storage bin offers a versatile solution for organizing your various items, including camping gear, clothing, footwear, and seasonal belongings
- Designed with an opaque black body, contrasting yellow lid, and handles, offering a sleek yet practical storage solution; Combination of the black bin and yellow accents not only adds a stylish touch
- Provide a secure and space-efficient storage solution with the ability to interlock for added safety and convenience; Measures 30.75 x 20.5 x 14.37 inches and weighs 8.12 pounds
5. Plastic Trash Cans
Often times, you have accumulated a collection of small-handheld blasters AND the long rifle-style blasters. This idea came from my neighbor, who put not only Nerf blasters but Nerf darts into a plastic trash can in the garage. This kept them out of the way (inside of the house) and in one central location where ALL Nerf guns fit.
- Constructed with the highest quality material plus a UV inhibitor ensures long life in even the most extreme environments. Guaranteed to never fade, warp, crack, or crush.
- Innovative venting channels make lifting out liners up to 50% easier, improving productivity and reducing the risk of injury.
- Integrated cinches secure the liner, allowing for efficient knot free liner changes. Tested to 20,000 cycles.
- Rounded handles make lifting and moving easier, and are reinforced to resist tearing or damage from even the heaviest loads.
- Reinforced base is specifically engineered to be dragged over rough surfaces, extending life and overall durability even in the toughest environments.
Nerf Dart & Gun Storage Ideas - Wrap-Up
While Nerf darts are an essential part of the blasting experience, Nerf dart storage is something that is very rarely considered.
If you have been having trouble keeping your child’s darts organized in one place, use the 5 Nerf dart storage ideas listed above as well as the cleaning tips to make Nerf fun and stress-free for everyone in your family.
About the Author
Jeremy is the founder of Dart Dudes, the leading resource for parents looking to pick up a Nerf toy for a child. He grew up with his four brothers and two sisters where there was always a Nerf war taking place.
With a focus on safety, Jeremy has helped thousands of parents help chose the right Nerf toy for their kids or grandkids. He lives in California with his wife and family. Learn more about me. - You can email me email@example.com